I’m on a mission to connect people. . . online.
I help people and organizations wow their target audiences with great experiences. As a user experience (UX) designer, my skills are broad, but my specialties are:
- planning/conducting/communicating research
- developing UX and/or content strategy
- sketching/wireframing/prototyping designs
I can see the big picture while also digging into the small details. I’ve worked on projects for both tiny startups and huge organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. I've also helped Lenovo, Bloomberg News, and Duke University.
Current job: I lead the UX efforts at a terrific start-up called Teamworks in Durham, North Carolina. It's likely that your favorite sports teams and athletes use our software!
Book: I wrote a fun book on content strategy in 2017. The Zombie Business Cure offers real-life examples and practical tips.
Current Passion Project: I'm exploring what a trauma-informed website would look like. I won an Aquent Design for Good grant in 2017 to help me. Resources to help you be more trauma-informed are here.
Professional Groups: It's important to contribute to my industry and stay current, so this is what I do:
• Teacher, Girl Develop It Raleigh/Durham (next class Fall 2018)
• Co-Organizer and Co-Founder, Ladies that UX Durham (monthly meetings)
• Conference 2018 Committee Member, Triangle User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA)
When I'm not working, you'll find likely me doing yoga, hiking nearby, or watching soccer.
You can check out my profile on LinkedIn to learn more and see what others say about me.
Speaking / Teaching
I enjoy speaking and teaching about UX and content strategy. Following are upcoming and/or recent events.
I'll be teaching classes for Girl Develop It but otherwise plan to take a break from speaking to devote time to other projects in 2018.
- edUI, September 2017
- Content Marketing World, September 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, May 2017
- NCCASA Conference, May 2017
- High Five Conference, March 2017
- Girl Develop It: Guerrilla Usability Testing, Feb. 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, November 2016
- edUi Conference, October 2016
- WordCamp Raleigh, September 2016
- UNC-Chapel Hill, September 2016
- NC Tech for Good, June 2016
- WordCamp Atlanta, March 2016
- High Five Conference, March 2016
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, March 2016
- McGill University, January 2016