I’m on a mission to connect people. . . online.
I help businesses, non-profits, and universities find, attract, and help their target audiences. As a user experience professional, my skills are broad, but my specialties are:
- planning and conducting user research
- analyzing web or app metrics
- creating personas and user journeys
- sketching/wireframing designs and user flow
- developing content strategy
I often work for agencies and design/development teams. I’m able to see the big picture while also digging into the details. I’ve worked on projects for both tiny tech startups and big organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
I recently wrote a fun book on content strategy! The Zombie Business Cure: How to Refocus your Company’s Identity for More Authentic Communication offers real-life examples and practical tips.
My most exciting current project is exploring what a trauma-informed website would look like. I won an Aquent Design for Good grant to help me, so I'm working with the North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence on its website currently.
You can check out my profile on LinkedIn to see what others say about me.
I participate in these professional groups to contribute to my industry and stay current:
• Teacher, Girl Develop It Raleigh/Durham
• Co-Organizer and Co-Founder, Ladies that UX Durham
• Co-Author, Best Practices Handbook, Content Strategy Alliance
• Member, Triangle User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA)
Speaking / Teaching
I enjoy speaking and teaching about UX and content strategy. Following are upcoming and/or recent events.
- EdUI, September 2017
- Content Marketing World, September 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, May 2017
- NCCASA Conference, May 2017
- High Five Conference, March 2017
- Girl Develop It: Guerrilla Usability Testing, Feb. 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, November 2016
- edUi Conference, October 2016
- WordCamp Raleigh, September 2016
- UNC-Chapel Hill, September 2016
- NC Tech for Good, June 2016
- WordCamp Atlanta, March 2016
- High Five Conference, March 2016
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, March 2016
- McGill University, January 2016