I’m on a mission to connect people. . . online.
I help organizations find, attract, and help their target audiences. As a user experience designer, my skills are broad, but my specialties are:
- planning and conducting user research
- developing UX & content strategy
- analyzing web or app metrics
- creating personas and user journeys
- sketching/wireframing designs and user flow
I can see the big picture while also digging into the tiny details. I'm also known for my initiative, discipline, and grit. I’ve worked on projects for both small startups and big organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
I recently wrote a fun book on content strategy! The Zombie Business Cure offers real-life examples and practical tips. You now have no excuse for poor content.
My most interesting current project is exploring what a trauma-informed website would look like. I won an Aquent Design for Good grant in 2017 to help me.
I participate in these professional groups to contribute to my industry and stay current:
When I'm not working, you'll find likely me doing yoga, hiking nearby, or watching soccer.
You can check out my profile on LinkedIn to learn more and see what others say about me.
Speaking / Teaching
I enjoy speaking and teaching about UX and content strategy. Following are upcoming and/or recent events.
I'll be teaching classes for Girl Develop It but otherwise plan to take a break from speaking to devote time to other projects in 2018.
- edUI, September 2017
- Content Marketing World, September 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, May 2017
- NCCASA Conference, May 2017
- High Five Conference, March 2017
- Girl Develop It: Guerrilla Usability Testing, Feb. 2017
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, November 2016
- edUi Conference, October 2016
- WordCamp Raleigh, September 2016
- UNC-Chapel Hill, September 2016
- NC Tech for Good, June 2016
- WordCamp Atlanta, March 2016
- High Five Conference, March 2016
- Girl Develop It: Intro to UX, March 2016
- McGill University, January 2016